[vtkusers] Nightlies causing errors

Tom Citriniti citrit at rpi.edu
Fri Sep 1 10:16:16 EDT 2000

I was also getting floating point exceptions on a single machine and found
it to be in some situations variables in Vtk are initialized to the maximum
value or  VTK_FLOAT_MAX. This is fine in practice but I have noticed places
where after an error occurs, normal processing  continues and these floats
are maxed out. Some chips (and I have only experienced two) handle the
floating point exception differently and an exception occurs. This had
nothing to do with the graphics adapter which I initially investigated. I
was never able to fix the problem but I did eliminate the behavior by
correctly handling a pick situation in which the pick missed the bounding
boxes but then tried to find surfaces.

Hope this helps.

Tom C.