[vtkusers] Creating volume data from data sets that are ellipses

Vineet Gupta vineetseema at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 11:36:32 EDT 2000

Hi Everyone:

Thanks to all for the response to my question on VTK and MFC Application.
Special thanks to Agris.  I could get the VTK window into the MFC
application.

I have another question.  We have data that are ellipses in x,y dimension in
different z-axis.  We want to plot them in the 3-D view and also create 3-D
volume.

Can someone please tell me how to get the data to be read in VTK to generate
the 3-D volume.  These points can go upto as high as 1000 points in each
z-axis.

The closest example that I have seen is Chapter 5 (5.2 Visualizing Polygon
Data: Manually Create vtkPolyData page 101).  However, I cannot create
scalar values at those points manually as I do not know the size of the
polygon ahead of time and they can be a large number.

Thanks for all the help.
Vineet Gupta