[vtkusers] a new UnsatisfiedLinkError (Linux/Java)

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Oct 25 08:42:17 EDT 2000

hi,

    Karin> I get

    Karin> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
    Karin> /usrc2/image/faulhabe/vtk31/java/libvtkJava.so:
    Karin> /usrc2/image/faulhabe/vtk31/my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKGraphics.so:
    Karin> undefined symbol: OSMesaMakeCurrent

    Karin> What did I forget now? In user.make I have the following
    Karin> lines:

    Karin> MESA_INCLUDE=-I/usr/include/GL
    Karin> MESA_LIB=/usr/lib/libMesaGL.so

	I guess the newer versions of mesa behave more like proper
OpenGL and the OSMesa functions are a not available.   BTW are you
using a 3rd party OpenGL library (like the one provided by nVidia?).
I think the problem will be fixed if you either recompile VTK with
--with-opengl instead of --with-mesa or downgrade your Mesa to
something that has OSMesa stuff defined.

prabhu