[vtkusers] the next unsatisfiedLinkError (no vtkJava in java.library.path)

Karin Faulhaber faulhabe at ipf.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Oct 25 13:56:46 EDT 2000

Hi again,

thanks a lot, I could solve my UnsatisfiedLinkError/OSMesaMakeCurrent
problem by configuring with --with-opengl instead of --with-mesa - how
you suggested.
But there doesn't seem to be an end to it. The next one (and this seems
to be a common one):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no vtkJava in
java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java, Compiled Code)
        at vtk.vtkPanel.<clinit>(vtkPanel.java:23)
        at sphere.<init>(sphere.java, Compiled Code)
        at sphere.main(sphere.java, Compiled Code)

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is on the directory where I put links to all the
.so-files (just how it is suggested in the linux-howto). But on the
other hand, when I look into the file "vtkPanel.java" at line 23 it says

static { System.loadLibrary("vtkJava"); }

and - there isn't any libvtkJava.so, only
libVTKCommonJava.so
libVTKContribJava.so
libVTKGraphicsJava.so
libVTKImagingJava.so