[vtkusers] a new UnsatisfiedLinkError (Linux/Java)

Karin Faulhaber faulhabe at ipf.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Oct 24 12:13:24 EDT 2000

Hi,

thanks for your help. After deleting every file which had "vtk" in it I
started installing once again. I put the libXt in the java/Makefile, now
I don't get this error anymore. BUT:
instead of

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usrc2/image/faulhabe/vtk312/java/libvtkJava.so:
/opt/vtk312/my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined symbol:
XtStrings
        etc.

I get

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usrc2/image/faulhabe/vtk31/java/libvtkJava.so:
/usrc2/image/faulhabe/vtk31/my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKGraphics.so:
undefined
symbol: OSMesaMakeCurrent

What did I forget now? In user.make I have the following lines:

MESA_INCLUDE=-I/usr/include/GL
MESA_LIB=/usr/lib/libMesaGL.so

(the only libMesaGL I can find (it is a link to
/usr/lib/libMesaGL.so.3.2) apart from one with "libc5" in the pathname
which someone told me not to use).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help

Karin