[vtkusers] Passing Fields through Probefilter.

Fletcher, Bob (GEAE) bob.fletcher at ae.ge.com
Fri Oct 20 11:23:15 EDT 2000

I'm using a vtkProbeFilter. I want it to Copy Scalars, fields ect. from the
input to the ouput, and to interpolate the scalar from the Source onto the
scalar from the Input.

I think I need to CopyAllOn, and to set PassData on the PointData.

 vtkProbeFilter interpol
     interpol SetInput unstr
     interpol  SetSource [reader GetOutput]
     [[interpol GetOutput ] GetPointData ] CopyAllOn
     [unstr GetPointData] CopyAllOn

unstr GetPointData
vtkTemp226
% vtkTemp226 GetClassName
vtkPointData

% vtkTemp226 PassData
Object named: vtkTemp226, could not find requested method: PassData
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

% vtkTemp226 PassNoReplaceData
Object named: vtkTemp226, could not find requested method: PassNoReplaceData
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

PassData is a method of DatasetAttributes. PointaData is a subclass.  Why can't
I find the PassData Method.

Any ideas?

Bob.

Bob Fletcher,