[vtkusers] Linux, Java and UnsatisfiedLinkError

Karin Faulhaber faulhabe at ipf.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Oct 20 08:50:08 EDT 2000

Hi,

after finally having installed VTK for Java on my SuSe Linux I tried to
run the example on the "example code" page of the vtk-homepage. It
compiled just fine, but I keep getting the following error while trying
to run it:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usrc2/image/faulhabe/vtk312/java/libvtkJava.so:
/opt/vtk312/my_vtk_shared_libs/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined symbol:
XtStrings
	etc.

I've read about this problem in the archive: I am supposed to include
the libXt somewhere, but where? I've tried with /java/Makefile.in and
with user.make. Maybe I put it in the wrong line, I'm not very familiar
with Makefiles and libs ...

Thanks for your help
Karin