Suggestion: Re: Archive of the mailing list is down (AGAIN)

Vetle Roeim vetler at ifi.uio.no
Fri May 26 18:52:48 EDT 2000

on 2000-05-26, Audrius Stundzia wrote:

> A solution that strikes me as simple would be to create a usenet
> newsgroup comp.graphics.vtk and either 1) have the current listserver
> post a copy of each message to the newsgroup or 2) the current listserver is
> abandoned and everyone simply posts directly to the
> newsgroup. Several free sites, www.deja.com, www.remarq.com, offer
> archival searching.

Creating a newsgroup has been discussed before. It requires a substantial
effort to create a newsgroup. Also, people were concerned about
spam.

I am still pro-newsgroup. Although I post to several newsgroups, the spam
I recieve is tolerable. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to go through
the process of creating a newsgroup.

But there is a news-server that mirrors the list, although it does not
send messages posted there to the mailinglist. The server is
scully.esat.kuleuven.ac.be.

vr

"info vtkusers" to the same address.