Overlays and Maps

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Wed May 17 13:28:23 EDT 2000

Hi John,

I added vtkImageBlend a few months ago.  It requires that the inputs
are of the same type, and can handle types other than unsigned char.
It passes the data instead of copying if there is only one input
(wouldn't want to waste memory, would we!)

The best thing to do is probably to send the float scalars through
vtkImageMapToColors(), then into vtkImageBlend() along with the
terrain data.  If you need to resample the float scalars to the
same extent & data spacing as terrain bitmap you can use
vtkImageReslice and set the OutputSpacing(), OutputExtent(),
and OutputOrigin() to be the same as the terrain bitmap.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group