Overlays and Maps

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Wed May 17 10:22:45 EDT 2000

If I have a map (textured onto terrain) and some data representing Field
Strength of a radio signal, I'm looking for good blending algorithms that
combine the two in a pleasing and informative way. I'm guessing that this
sort of thing has been done many times by readers so any pointers would be
welcome.

(Map will be RGB, data just float scalars - conversion of both to char
likely to be needed)

Any existing imagefilters designed for this kind of thing (other than
ImageCast and ImageMathematics of course)

thanks

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.