Java (was Re: VTK 3.1 final)

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Tue Mar 28 16:44:59 EST 2000

Hi Dan,

I have vtk/Java building cleanly on my Linux machine at home.
The user.make has to be set up properly (of course) and some
environment variables i.e. CLASSPATH have to be set.  I think
the CLASSPATH is why your build is failing.

Also, configure.in has a 'mis-feature' which disables threading
when you configure --with-java.  On both Linux and IRIX I had
to edit configure.in to remove this 'feature'.  I'm not sure
whether --with-threads and --with-java really are compatible
under solaris so I haven't committed my changes.

  - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group