vtk2.4 -> 3.1 problems

joris 2 joris.2 at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Mar 3 08:36:11 EST 2000

Hi,

I upgraded to vtk3.1 and have noticed 2 problems so far
 - when I Dolly a camera, the clipping is not adjusted, so my scene gets
clipped. This did not happen in vtk2.4. Is this supposed to happen ?
 - in 2.4, I used vtkDicer. Now I use vtkOBBDicer, which at first look should
have the same behaviour. Changing NumberOfPointsPerPiece does not have the
expected behaviour. I changed it from 50 to 1000 without any effect. The average
number of points per piece remains 632. With vtk2.4, change does happen. For
example when I target 200, the resulting average is 127.

Joris Vanden Wyngaerd
joris.vandenwyngaerd at esat.kuleuven.ac.be

p.s. I use the point dicer as an intermediate step to split my polygons in
groups. Is this functionality present in vtk ?

"info vtkusers" to the same address.