vtk2.4 -> 3.1 problems

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Fri Mar 3 10:10:21 EST 2000

Hello Joris,

>I upgraded to vtk3.1 and have noticed 2 problems so far
>  - when I Dolly a camera, the clipping is not adjusted, so my scene gets
>clipped. This did not happen in vtk2.4. Is this supposed to happen ?

VTK never adjusted the clipping range when you dolly the camera - but in
3.1 the clipping range is closer to the scene bounds than it was in 2.4, so
you were able to dolly further in 2.4 before seeing this effect. After
doing a dolly, simply call ResetCameraClippingRange() on the vtkRenderer
and your clipping range will be adjusted.

Lisa

"info vtkusers" to the same address.