[vtkusers] Re: More problems with MPI & VTK

Jason Rappleye rappleye at nexus.hwi.buffalo.edu
Tue Jun 27 17:18:21 EDT 2000

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Naveen Kumar Polapally wrote:

> hi,
> thanks for that pointer, but some new problem I am getting these errors
> now.which seem to be problems related to mpi.Can you have a look at it and
> tell me if you are familiar with this.

When linking against the mpich-gm library you also need to link against
the gm library. Add in -L/path/to/gm/lib and -lgm to the MPI_LIBS line in
user.make. Why the mpich-gm build process doesn't do that for you is
beyond me...I always thought that was kinda silly.

Jason

--
Jason Rappleye
Research Programmer, UB Center for Computational Research
rappleye at ccr.buffalo.edu		rappleye at hwi.buffalo.edu
http://www.ccr.buffalo.edu/jason.htm