Camera near Actor

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Jan 20 11:41:38 EST 2000

Hello Satoshi,

If the clipping planes are your problem, you can simply call

ren->ResetCameraClippingRange()

This should reset the range so that all props (actors and volumes) are
within the clipping range. If you are inside of an object, the near plane
will be set to 0.01. If you need to try making this number smaller so that
the near clipping plane is closer to the camera, look in vtkRenderer.cxx at
this method:

void vtkRenderer::ResetCameraClippingRange( float bounds[6] )

and change this line:

range[0] = (range[0] < 0.01)?(0.01):(range[0]);

to use a smaller limit than 0.01. Be careful because too small a number can
lead to precision problems in the perspective matrix.

Lisa