[vtkusers] getting in the loop with vtkRenderWindowInteractor

Robert Stein rstein at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 30 11:51:35 EDT 2000

Hi Everyone,

	Here's something that's a little confusing to me recently... say I want to
use the nice interaction / navigation styles built into
vtkRenderWindowInteractor, but I need either access to the main loop / or
some callback that's evaluated regularly to do some other things as well
(i.e. poll a socket, handle events from another gui toolkit, etc...)  How
can I make this work?  I see that in the interactor styes classes there is
an ontimer() method, but it's not clear how to use this... and / or how or
when it gets called... can someone shed some light on this?

Rob

Robert J. Stein
National Center For Supercomputing Applications
405 N. Matthews, Urbana, IL
(217) 244-7584
rstein at ncsa.uiuc.edu