[vtkusers] Python memory buildup

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 30 11:15:24 EDT 2000

Just a preliminary follow-up to this post...

Thanks Yves for your reply and confirmation that it's not just me :)
 Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to pull off your workaround for my situation.

What I did do was take a closer look at the Python wrapping and specifically
what was happening in vtkFieldDataPython.cxx for the GetArray method.  To
satisfy my curiosity, I simply commented out the Py_INCREF(tempH).  To make a
long story short, this "fix" works for me.  I no longer have the buildup of
memory and my simple looping script, as well as my larger app, works to my
satisfaction.  If I've violated some Python extension rule, it doesn't bear any
grudges -- so far.

--Randy