[vtkusers] LinuxPPC

Yves Starreveld ystarrev at julian.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 15 12:55:20 EDT 2000

Scott,

About two years ago we built and ran vtk successfully on a beige G3/266
without problem.

A month or so ago I built and ran vtk on a Pismo Powerbook.

The recent experience was with LinuxPPC2000. There were some issues with
how mesa was being recognized as OpenGL which I dealt with in the configure
script.

Unfortunately, accelerated OGL was not an option, so I removed the install
(or I would send you the config files) and am now running vtk on OSX
instead.

In short, it is possible.

If you run into any walls, let me know and I will try to assist you.

Yves

-----

Yves Starreveld, MD                     |             Division of Neurosurgery
Image Guided Surgery Lab,               |       Clinical Neurological Sciences
Robarts Research Institute              |        University of Western
Ontario