Compiling with Java on SGI

Jan Ehrhardt ehrhardt at medinf.mu-luebeck.de
Wed Sep 8 10:03:52 EDT 1999

I have an follow up question. I have set the CLASSPATH and now javac works
fine. Thanks for the replies !!!

But now I get the error message:

       rm -f java/vtkActor2DJava.cxx; /opt/vtk/vtk/wrap/vtkWrapJava ./vtkActor2D.h ./../wrap/hints 0 > java/vtkActor2DJava.cxx
   Parsed func New
   Parsed func PrintSelf
   Parsed func GetClassName
   Parsed func RenderOverlay
   Parsed func RenderOpaqueGeometry
   Parsed func RenderTranslucentGeometry
   Parsed func vtkActor2D
   Parsed func vtkActor2D
   Parsed func SetMapper
   Parsed func GetProperty
   Parsed func ReleaseGraphicsResources
   Parsed func SetDisplayPosition
   Parsed func GetMTime
        CC  -n32 -mips3 -avoid_gp_overflow -g -DVTK_USE_NATIVE_IMAGING -DVTK_USE_SPROC -DHAVE_SETMON  -DVTK_WORDS_BIGENDIAN  -ptall -no_prelink  -D_HP_NO_FAST_MACROS -DHAVE_LIMITS_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -I.   -I. -I./../graphics -DVTK_USE_GRAPHICS -I./../imaging -DVTK_USE_IMAGING -I./../patented -DVTK_USE_PATENTED  -DVTK_USE_OGLR     -I./../common    -I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/irix  -c java/vtkActor2DJava.cxx -o java/vtkActor2DJava.o
"java/vtkActor2DJava.cxx", line 35: error(1020): identifier "jref" is undefined
  extern "C" JNIEXPORT jint  JNICALL Java_vtk_vtkActor2D_RenderOverlay_11(JNIEnv *env, jobject obj,jref id0)

I use a java version 1.1.6.
An other question: does vtk support jdk version 1.2 ?

Regards,

	Jan