Compiling with Java on SGI

Jan Ehrhardt ehrhardt at medinf.mu-luebeck.de
Wed Sep 8 06:46:41 EDT 1999

Hi,

I haven´t found any information on compiling vtk with java
on a SGI.

I do a configure --with-java ... , set the java-related variables in user.make
to JDKHOME=/usr/java and so on... (what about JAVA_CXX_LIBS if I don´t use gcc
??).
The I call make and get the compile error:

        /usr/java/bin/javac -d /opt/vtk/java ../java/vtk/vtkActor2D.java
.../java/vtk/vtkActor2D.java:7: Superclass vtk.vtkProp of class vtk.vtkActor2D not found.
public class vtkActor2D extends vtkProp
                                ^
1 error
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

How to deal with this ?
Is there anywhere a "SGI and Java -- HowTo" ???

Thanks,

	Jan