linux/x11 problem

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Sun Sep 5 13:11:57 EDT 1999

Hi Les,

I've seen this since VTK 2.2 or VTK 2.3, but you're the first
person to report it to the list.  As far as I know, it is present
all unix systems (though not Windows) and can be demonstrated in
a large number of the examples:  Cone.py, flamingo.py, earth.py...
It doesn't affect the tcl examples.

There is an easy way to work around it.

Add:

 renWin.Render()

before:

 iren.Initialize()

in any example that demonstrates the problem.

 - David

P.S. even though the workaround is simple, I still consider
     it to be a bug -- I've just been too lazy to investigate it.

--David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group