Vtk/Python imageWarp.py example

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Fri Oct 8 18:08:08 EDT 1999

Hi Dean,

The VTK/Python bug you describe has been around, at least on my
system, since vtk 2.3 or thereabouts).  It has been reported two or
three times.  Several of the examples in graphics/examplesPython are
afflicted.  The bug is not present under Windows, only UNIX.

The symptoms are: an empty window pops up, and clicking in the
window results in a segfault.

An easy work around is to add "renWin.Render()" immediately
before "iren.Start()".

 - David

--David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group