Vtk/Python imageWarp.py example

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Sat Oct 9 13:52:03 EDT 1999

Hi David,

    Thanks for answering my question. But the Vtk/Python examples continue
    to not respond with the "renWin.Render()" call just before the "iren.Start()".

    For example, the code now has:

# prevent the tk window from showing up then start the event loop
#wm withdraw .
renWin.Render()
iren.Start()

    But when I try to execute the code "spToPd.py", I get nothing! Not even
    a canvas! It doesn't core dump either.

    By adding: "USER_CFLAGS = -O2 -D__NO_MATH_INLINES" and
    "USER_CXXFLAGS = -O2 -D__NO_MATH_INLINES" to the user.make
    file, I am now able to run examples like headBone.py and
TestImageMarchingCubes.py.
    Is there something else that I should remove or add in order to run the
examples:
    "imageWarp.py",  "thrshldV.py", "spToPd.py", and "officeStreamPoints.py"?

    It was suggested in a response that I remove the -DVTK_USE_PTHREADS from
CFLAGS
    and CXXFLAGS in the system.make file and then recompile. I did this as well
and still
    the same response. Nothing happens when executing the command. That is, no
canvas,
    no seg fault, no nothing. It just sit there.

    Can anyone give me some guidance on the error? I must get this to work.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments...

Best Regards,
    Dean

http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov                         williams13 at llnl.gov