Vtk/Python imageWarp.py example

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Sat Oct 9 15:18:55 EDT 1999

Les:

    Yes, Red Hat 5.2 is using glibc2. Do the others, that I've listed below,
    take a lonnnnnng time to run too? I have a very similar program that
    is very small and behaves just like the programs listed below.

   In "imageWarp.py" it appears to be stopping on the
    ren.GetActiveCamera().Azimuth(20) call.

    In the programs that put up the canvas, but no image, it seems to
    be stopping at the renWin.Render() call.

-Dean

> > Is there something else that I should remove or add in order to run
> > the examples: "imageWarp.py", "thrshldV.py", "spToPd.py", and
> > "officeStreamPoints.py"?
>
> > PC/Linux Red Hat 5.2.
>
> maybe upgrade to 6.x? (is 5.2 using glibc2 or not???)
>
> i run these examples fine under debian potato with glibc2.1 and
> absolutely no changes to compile time options. didn't even need the
> renWin.Render() fix (though some others did).
>
> one thing, some scripts like thrshldV.py take a lonnnnnng time to
> start up, at least on my 90 MHz behemoth.
>
> nother thing. do you know at what point the scripts are getting stuck?
>
> les
> --
> ____        Les Schaffer              ___| --->> Engineering R&D <<---
> Theoretical & Applied Mechanics          |  Designspring, Inc.
> Center for Radiophysics & Space Research |  http://www.designspring.com/
> Cornell Univ.  schaffer at tam.cornell.edu  |  les at designspring.com

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.     Live long and prosper.

Dean N. Williams
Computer Scientist/Computation Group Leader             o
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory                --
Livermore, California 94550                          `\< *
Phone: (925) 423-0145    FAX: (925) 422-7675        /  \
http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov                         williams13 at llnl.gov