JacobiN problem

Peter Everett peverett at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 14 11:52:50 EDT 1999

I am using vtkMath::JacobiN to get the principal axes & moments
from the covariance matrix of a set of points. The eigenvectors
that get returned appear to be the *transpose* of the correct
eigenvectors (i.e. (x0,x1,x2),(y0,y1,y2),(z0,z1,z2) rather than
(x0,y0,z0),(x1,y1,z1),(x2,y2,z2)). I tested it with a simple
3-point example, and found that the 3rd eigenvector was not
normal to the plane through the points.

Is this a known problem with a known patch that I can get?

Thanks,
Peter C. Everett