BCBcxxWizard Makefile generator

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 14 12:51:12 EDT 1999

Roland, And anyone else interested

>    in 'TFormBCBcxxWizard::b_createClick' insert an additional call
>    to 'trim_imcludes' after a directory has been processed. This keeps
>    the include memo box small enough to work.

I'll insert this into the new version.

I'm working on version 2 which does ....

a) mostly same as first version
b) saves debug AND release packages, allows user to tweak conditional
defines and compiler switches for each package. Puts correct description
into packages.
c) Spawns a "make" on the resulting packages and captures (via pipe) output
to convenient window.

All the above is working splendidly, but I'm delaying release for one reason.
Once a "make -fvtk_commonR.bpk" is underway I want it to scan the pipe
until it detects the words "Loaded Cached Pre-Compiled headers", and if you
have a dual processor PC to automatically spawn a second make on graphics,
and when either make finishes to do imaging too. One needs to wait until
the precompiled header is created before spawning the second make to avoid
unnecessary building and possible errors as they use the same pch file.

The dual processor thing absolutely unneccesary but I thought it was an
interesting thing to try.

John B

Should be ready later this week.

Anyone want something else added, please ask. One option would be to create
a vtkdll with common/graphics/imaging all in one dll/package instead of 3
seperates...might as well use pcmaker then really!