hedgehog - glyph3d

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Jun 10 22:03:25 EDT 1999

Hi Russell-

At 04:07 PM 6/10/99 -0400, \"Russell Burgett\" <\"Russell Burgett\" wrote:

>I would like to represent vectors with arrows as my glyph.
>
>I have tried using vtkGlyph3D with my own polydata arrow as the source,
>however I am not getting the correct orientation. Are there special
>requirements
>as to how I construct my source arrow ? Does the arrow need a specific
>initial orientation ?

I believe the orientation is pointing down the x axis and centered at the origin. You can use a transform filter to do this.

>Is there a way to use vtkHedgeHog with arrows rather than lines ?
No.

>Is there an "arrow" version of vtkHedgeHog ?
No.

>Is there an "arrow" source like vtkConeSource ?
Resolution == 2 creates two crossed triangles, Resolution == 1 creates a single triangle, Resolution == 0 creates a line.

Will

Dr. William J. Schroeder
Kitware Visualization Solutions / vtk Commercial Support
469 Clifton Corporate Parkway
Clifton Park, NY 12065
will.schroeder at kitware.com
1-518-371-3971 (Phone & Fax)