Visibility of individual elements, again!

Paul Hsieh pahsieh at usgs.gov
Mon Jul 12 17:29:37 EDT 1999

Ben: I recall that Will Schroeder mentioned some time ago that he has
unreleased code that can blink out cells in structured grids. You might
check with the vtk authors whether such code would be released.

In the absence of this blinking capability, you might consider two
approaches:
1. Use vtkThreshold to extract those cells you want to keep.
2. Represent your data set as unstructured grid and you can remove
   cells (in your code).
In both cases, you end up working with an unstructured grid. The cells
that you want to make invisible are actually removed.
Good Luck. Paul