Visibility of individual elements, again!

Ben Held ben.held at staarinc.com
Mon Jul 12 17:00:25 EDT 1999

Hello,

I am displaying large structued meshes (vtkStructuredGrid) using VTK.  Each
element may have a different material, and the end-user will want to make
elements of a certain material invisible.  Must I have a separate vtkActor
for EACH element so I can make the proper actors invisible?  Or is there
another, easier way?  If I have to have separate actors, is this going to
be a major performance issue?

Thanks,

Ben

John
Ben L. Held
Simulation Technology & Applied Research, Inc.
11520 N. Port Washington Rd.
Suite 101 B
Mequon, WI  53092
Phone: (414) 240-0293