Linux and OpenGL hardware

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Wed Dec 15 17:48:50 EST 1999

Interesting development,

The G400 will do 32-bit textures with VTK, however, I had to patch
vtkOpenGLTextureMapper to make VTK explicitly request 32 bit texture
maps.  So, my thought is that this card is a much better choice than
the TNT2 cards as far as Linux support goes.

It would probably be worthwhile to have a Set/Get mode in vtkTexture
to allow the user to choose between 16 bit/32 bit textures.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group