[vtkusers] Surface registration of two data sets, are there any vtk algorithms?

George Kamucha kamucha at hfm.e-technik.uni-kassel.de
Mon Dec 13 02:08:47 EST 1999

I am wondering whether there could be a program written in vtk which can determine the transformation
between two surface data sets. I have two surface data sets of a bone which I have generated using different
imaging modalities: one from CT-imaging and the other from laser radar imaging. I would like to obtain the
transformation (rotation and translation) between the two data sets using surface matching techniques.
Anybody out there who knows where I can obtain such surface matching algorithms? Your assistance will be
highly appreciated.

Best regards

George kamucha
Department of High Frequency Engineering
University of Kassel
Wilhelmshoeher Allee 73
34121 Kassel
Germany