Medical imaging data file format

FIT warschew at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 13 08:30:28 EDT 1999

Dear group members,

thanks again for Your replies concerning my last posting (resizing). Now
that I experimented a bit with the medical imaging data suplied with the
Kit I should like to use my own samples.
So my question is:
How do I convert a standard radiological file format (ACR/NEMA 2.0
produced by a Siemens Somatotom or ACR/NEMA produced by a Siemens
Vision) into the file format used by the VTK readers. With quite a bit
of pain I can get hold of DICOM 3 studies, but as my hospital only
recently adopted the standard this is quite a bit more difficult.

Thank you very much in advance.

Arno R. Schleich, MS, MD
Resident, Dpt. of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
Free University of Berlin, Germany