Texture question

John Leung jleung at direct.ca
Thu Aug 12 23:01:14 EDT 1999

<x-flowed>Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to understand how the texture classes are
supposed to be used.  I've looked at the VTK book, but the example there is
way too simple to be useful.  Then I recently bought the VTK User's Guide
hopefully I can get better example, but it doesn't really help much.  I'm
still quite confused trying to understand how vtkTextureMapTo??? map the 3D
surface points onto the 2D texture image and then how to put the whole
thing together.

The "franFace.tcl" example could have been a good example except that all
the texture coordinates are already part of the fran_cut.vtk file.  So I
guess my question is could someone show me how to modify the franFace.tcl
example assuming that we don't have the texture coordinates data in the
fran_cut.vtk file and have to generate it ourselves?