[vtk-developers] Can you join us for a vtk hackathon on September 25'th?

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 20:34:25 EDT 2017

​I like the ​

​
"
​ ​
deprecation" ​
​ idea!​

​Since Bill has done such a wonderful job in creating and evolving the
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/ I don't see the relevance of
https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples anymore. It is annoying that every
time I search for "vtk examples" this site pops up instead of the new one.

So could consideration please be given to retiring
https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples
and changing the link "Build some of the Wiki Examples" in
https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK to point directly to
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/

There are only three things that I can see there that are not in the new
VTKExamples site:
1) TCL
2) https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/Web/RemoteRenderer
3) https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/Web/vtk-js

Since 1) is no longer supported anymore it could be archived or dropped.
Perhaps 2, 3 could be moved to the new website.

Wish I could be there to code with you guys!

​Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean