[vtk-developers] vtkOpenVRRenderWindow and vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow

Carlos Lopez rcourant at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:05:18 EDT 2017

Hello,

Is it possible to have a vtkOpenVRRenderWindow and  a
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow
working in the same application?

I'm trying it by compiling vtk without the OpenVR render factory enabled
and initializing the openvr classes directly.

I get to have 2 render windows, one for openvr and a regular one. Calling
renwin->Render() inside a loop for the openvr window works as it tracks the
HMD and shows the controllers, but if I call Render() for the regular
window, the openVRRenderWindow stops tracking the HMD and the rendering
starts to flicker.

Is there any shared resource between these windows that would break the
rendering?

thanks,
carlos