[vtk-developers] vtkOpenVRRenderWindow and vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Wed May 3 08:34:16 EDT 2017

It should work, but you have to be careful, I would not share any
mappers/actors etc between the two and make sure you are letting the OpenVR
loop run at least 100 fps.

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Carlos Lopez <rcourant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to have a vtkOpenVRRenderWindow and  a
> vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow
> working in the same application?
>
> I'm trying it by compiling vtk without the OpenVR render factory enabled
> and initializing the openvr classes directly.
>
> I get to have 2 render windows, one for openvr and a regular one. Calling
> renwin->Render() inside a loop for the openvr window works as it tracks the
> HMD and shows the controllers, but if I call Render() for the regular
> window, the openVRRenderWindow stops tracking the HMD and the rendering
> starts to flicker.
>
> Is there any shared resource between these windows that would break the
> rendering?
>
> thanks,
> carlos

Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.