[vtk-developers] VTK Web with no window opened by the VTK server

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Aug 31 11:20:23 EDT 2017

And then if you use pvbatch instead of pvpython, that window disappear the
way you want...

There are many reasons why that's the case but mostly history. What
ParaView is doing is figuring out at runtime which render window it should
instantiate.
Since you are not in ParaView, you have to implement that logic yourself.