[vtk-developers] VTK Web with no window opened by the VTK server

Dan Lipsa dan.lipsa at kitware.com
Thu Aug 31 10:47:05 EDT 2017

> Regarding what you are doing with OffScreenRenderingOn(), you are seeing
> exactly what is expected... The Window will always show...

Is there a specific reason why that is the case? I would want the behaviour
of ParaView's pvserver which does not show anything on the screen.

I just tried the RemoteServer example through 'pvpython pv_server.py -p
1234' and I see the same behaviour: rendering happens offscreen but a blank
window still shows.

Thanks,
Dan