[vtk-developers] VTK Web with no window opened by the VTK server

Dan Lipsa dan.lipsa at kitware.com
Thu Aug 31 11:30:59 EDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Sebastien Jourdain <
sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:

> And then if you use pvbatch instead of pvpython, that window disappear the
> way you want...

While this works to show the cone on the client, it crashes when you try to
interact with it. I've seen the same
behavior for the VTK server if you don't set the interactor at all.

There are many reasons why that's the case but mostly history. What
> ParaView is doing is figuring out at runtime which render window it should
> instantiate.
> Since you are not in ParaView, you have to implement that logic yourself.

I think it chooses different render windows only if EGL or OSMesa are
available. Otherwise it just sets OffScreenRenderingOn(). I'll dig to see
what else it does so that no window shows.

Thanks Seb.

Dan