[vtk-developers] Various issues on my dashboards... help needed...

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Aug 16 19:06:47 EDT 2017

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 13:54:26 -0400, Allie Vacanti said:

>> Allison, do you think you can work on the data array warnings?
>>
>> I think if both Allison and I take care of those it should whittle down the
>> list to a more manageable size to start getting others to help out with.
>
>I think we should just disable the unused-template warnings. Most of
>these cases depend on the ArrayDispatch configuration and can't be
>removed without breaking features, even though some builds don't use
>them.

Allie,

OK, so we just have to decide if we should:
 a) use "#pragma clang diagnostic ignored" to disable this warning for the ArrayDispatch file(s)
or
 b) I just add -Wno-unused-template to disable it everywhere and always

I guess it depends if the warning is generally useful (except for the funky case of ArrayDispatch stuff), or generally useless.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com