[vtk-developers] VTK Textbook and User's Guide now available for download

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Sep 16 10:06:12 EDT 2016

>> > I know that wiki collaboration doesn't always work out as planned, but
>> > that's not a failure of the technology, it's a people issue and other
>> > technology wouldn't do better.

Adding another example, we tried using Wiki as the way to generate the
ParaView Guide for a few years. It was of course fraught with issues
everyone else reported at the same time, it was really hard to get a
professional looking PDF from it that one could print or use. Since we
moved to using a Gitlab repo for LaTeX however, things have been much
better (I am sure same would be true for other formats e.g. Markdown).
Further more, it's easier to version it and make updates in
conjunction with ParaView changes.