[vtk-developers] [ITK] [ITK-users] [ITK-dev] VTK Textbook and User's Guide now available for download

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:48:26 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Francois Budin
<francois.budin at kitware.com> wrote:
> How about writing the book in a Jupyter notebook using a Python or a
> Javascript kernel to run the examples? I know it is possible to export the
> content of notebooks as PDFs through LaTeX, although I am not sure how the
> formatting is handled and if that would work for a book.

I've used notebooks a lot, but it's not a practical format for editing
a large document like a book.   For example, some colleagues of mine
who also use notebooks a lot developed their own markdown annotation
to be able to build and run the code examples from markdown text
files.  They can then export the document as notebooks, for them as
needs them.

Cheers,

Matthew