[vtk-developers] VTK Textbook and User's Guide now available for download

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Sep 15 13:54:58 EDT 2016

Kitware is releasing the VTK Textbook and VTK User's Guide for PDF
download. Follow the links below to a landing page where you can buy a
printed version, or download a PDF.

Longer term, the plan is to convert these books to LaTeX (from Framemaker)
and place the content into an open repository. The first step is to mostly
duplicate what exists now; eventually we have the ambitious goal to
completely rewrite / recombine / rethink the books. For example, using
VTK.js (under development now) to offer web interaction with examples etc.
We can certainly use the talents of the community to take this challenge
on, so if you are interested please let me know.

The Visualization Toolkit An Object-Oriented Approach to 3D Graphics (4th
ed.)
http://www.vtk.org/vtk-textbook/
pdf: http://www.kitware.com/products/books/VTKTextbook.pdf

*The VTK User’s Guide*
http://www.vtk.org/vtk-users-guide/
pdf: http://www.kitware.com/products/books/VTKUsersGuide.pdf

Best, please let me know if there are issues or concerns.

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc. - Building the World's Technical Computing Software
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
will.schroeder at kitware.com
http://www.kitware.com