[vtk-developers] DirectX11

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Oct 28 13:40:29 EDT 2016

FYI. For a potential hololens app I needed to take a look at how hard it
would be to add a DirectX11 backend to VTK. I progressed far enough to feel
comfortable we could get 70% or so of the core functionality working with a
few weeks of effort. (I got far enough that the dragon was rendering with
lighting, material properties, interactions, resizing,
VBO/IBO/Shaders/Programs etc.). So should you ever have a customer/project
that requires DX11 and can cover another three weeks of work it is
technically an option. My gitlab has the WIP topic.

Thanks
Ken

--
Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.