[vtk-developers] GSOC 2015 Templated Input Generator for VTK

Daniel Torramilans dani.torramilans at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 17:31:20 EDT 2015

Hi!

I'm a junior student (third year) in Barcelona, doing a Bachelor's Degree in
CS. I have a strong background on C++, OpenGL, SDL and graphics frameworks
('ve been building my very own C++ graphics framework for a while now).

I've been reading up on VTK for a Google Summer of Code 2015 Application
lately, and the Templated Input Generator idea caught my eye. I've been
looking at the current VTK/ParaView data formats lately in order to get a
grasp of the work to be done as well as playing around with VTK and ParaView
themselves, and think I am suitable for the job. I also happen to be very
used to Python as I've been using that extensively for scripting/web dev
projects, which would come in very handy for this task.

I'd like to know your opinions on whether I am suitable for this issue given
my background or there is other work that would suit me better. I'd could
also use some pointers as to what the actual GSOC Proposal should include
(it's my first time on GSOC). If there is any other reference material that
I could use, pleas mention it.

Thank you!