[vtk-developers] Gitlab and interdiffs

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Apr 6 14:15:45 EDT 2015

On 04/06/2015 02:04 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> What did gerrit do? There you could select which patches to diff.
> Very convenient while reviewing.

At one time Gerrit did the same thing GitLab is doing and was not
good for rebased changes either.  More recently I think it learned
to compute a "smart" choice for the base version, including the
possibility of temporary merges.  I don't know exactly what they
do.  This would sometimes shows conflict markers in this kind of
diff, but that just indicates a conflict was resolved by the
rebase operation.

-Brad