[vtk-developers] libvtkCommonCore-6.3.so build error

Kevin Dean kevin.dean at decisionsciencescorp.com
Mon Apr 6 13:29:50 EDT 2015

Hey, my name is Kevin.

I am recently going through trying to the VTK build process. However, I
have changed the *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX* location. For some reason, I get a
few complaints when trying to do this. The first and foremost error is this:

* [100%] Built target vtkViewsInfovisInstall the project...-- Install
configuration: "Debug"CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):  file
INSTALL cannot find  "/home/kdean/install_vtk/CMakeFiles/VTKConfig.cmake".*

the *VTKConfig.cmake* file is still within the build directory. Upon
opening the file, I found the locations of the modules were correct. So I
guess my first question, is there a location in the CMakeLists (or other
lists) that specifies where this file gets dumped? I will keep sifting
through it too.

So, the cheat way until I get that figured out was just to copy it to the
specified location. Then I ran into my next error:

*CMake Error at /home/kdean/install_vtk/Common/Core/cmake_install.cmake:47
(FILE):  file INSTALL cannot find
"/home/kdean/install_vtk/lib/libvtkCommonCore-6.3.so.1".Call Stack (most
recent call first):  cmake_install.cmake:99 (INCLUDE)*

after doing an [ *ls -l* ] on the lib directory within my install path, I
found that the *libvtkCommonCore-6.3.so <http://libvtkCommonCore-6.3.so>*
file was in fact there, but there must have been a problem with linking
this correctly. Are there any suggestions of where to go from here or how
to debug this issue? Any help is appreciated, thank you very much!

Kevin E. Dean

--
This email and its contents are confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not disclose or use the information within this email