[vtk-developers] VES-Kiwi

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Fri Oct 24 08:43:56 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Cameron Lowell Palmer <
cameron.palmer at ntnu.no> wrote:

>  I understand the pain that is documentation, but even the links to the
> mailing list are broken. For example http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES the link
> at the bottom doesn’t take you where it says it will.

I am sorry. Sure, we will fix that.

>  Impressive improvements in the article you shared. Those speed-ups are
> truly awesome.

Awesome.

>  Now let’s talk about me. Our university has built up a non-trivial
> amount of code around VES-Kiwi.

Nice. Any chance you can share a link on it?

> What I’m trying to do is get to a place where I can debug and ultimately
> extend the codebase. Basically the work is increasingly Android-only, but I
> would prefer a first-class C++ debugging environment something the current
> Android tools don’t really have yet. That was why I was trying to get plain
> ol’ VES to compile in iOS. Should I take this to mean that the VES codebase
> has been deprecated in favor of future development within VTK?

Yes, however the application code; not so much. I will see if I can talk to
some of leading developers here and bring it up in our next meeting. It
would be great to catch up with you on a hangout sometime. Let me know and
I can probably give you more information then.

Thanks,