[vtk-developers] More VTK Wiki Examples questions

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 14:11:09 EDT 2014

This example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/InfoVis/XGMLReader

gets an "fsm.gml" data file from "somewhere" (but *NOT* VTKData) and
uses it when running the VTK Wiki Examples dashboard on my machine.

This example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/InfoVis/TreeMapView

apparently depends on VTKData, which I do not have, so the test fails
on my machine.

On the wiki page itself, there's a note saying we should generate an
example tree map instead of loading from a data file:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/InfoVis/TreeMapView

So... we can fix the failing test by making the TreeMapView's data
files available (as fsm.gml is already available) to my dashboard
build.... or by modifying the TreeMapView example to use some generated
data. Which is easier?

I'm not sure how to do either myself -- I'm hoping Bill L. can easily
add some data for this example, or Jeff Baumes can point me to how to
generate an example TreeMap easily...

Thanks,
David C.