[vtk-developers] InfoVis graph visualization question: vtkGraphLayoutView with a "Simple 2D" layout strategy

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 14:20:57 EDT 2014

This VTK wiki example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/InfoVis/XGMLReader

Yields this different rendering test failure on my dashboard machine:
http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=271695203&build=3430870

The graph structure looks the same, and the visual is roughly
equivalent, but the expected image clearly shows a perfectly square
glyph at each graph node. In my test image, the graph nodes look like
they vary from circle to square to polygons in between...

What determines the shape of the node glyph in a vtkGraphLayoutView
with a "Simple 2D" layout strategy? And would the shape difference
account entirely for the slight offset and angle between expected image
and test image...?

Thanks,
David C.